- interact with us on our websites or through other channels (for example, by communicating with us or attending one of our events);
- use our products and services (including our Fabrication Service); and
- for Point Designs, including our websites and products or services, please use this form;
- for all Point Designs brands write to us by mail at Point Designs, LLC, 1216 Commerce Ct, Suite 3, Lafayette, CO 80234 USA, Attn: Privacy and Data Protection Officer.
- Information you provide to Point Designs
- When you visit our websites
- We collect Personal Data from you when you submit web forms or interact with our websites, for example by subscribing to a Point Designs blog, signing up for a webinar, subscribing to one of our services or requesting customer support. We may ask for your email address, first and last name, job title, and other similar business information. You are free to explore some of our websites without providing any Personal Data about yourself.
- Inbound and other event information
- When you register for INBOUND or a Point Designs event, we collect information such as name, address, phone number, and email address. We use this information to communicate with you and in some cases facilitate your registration. Additionally, we may share your registration data with service providers of INBOUND in order to provide event information and improve your experience at INBOUND or future Point Designs events.
- Account and user information
- We collect Personal Data when you sign-up for a Point Designs customer portal account, create or modify user information, set preferences, or provide any other related information to access or utilize our Fabrication Service.
- Payment information
- You may also provide payment information, such as a credit card number or bank account numbers, when purchasing products or services. We use secure third-party payment service providers to manage payment processing, which is collected through a secure payment process.
- Customer testimonials
- We post customer testimonials and comments on our websites, which may contain Personal Data. We obtain each customer's consent via email or through other agreements between customers and Point Designs prior to posting the customer's name and testimonial.
- Information we process on behalf of customers when they use the fabrication service
- Our Fabrication Service allows our customers to create and share customer service content. When customers use our product, they may collect Personal Data such as first and last name, email address, physical address, phone number, or other information about you.
- We do not control the content of our customers' webpages or the types of Personal Data that our customers may choose to collect or manage using the Fabrication Service. We store our customers' information on our service providers' servers but process it as a processor under our customers’ instructions and in accordance with our Customer Terms of Service.
- Our customers control and are responsible for correcting, deleting or updating the information they process using the customer portal and for complying with any regulations or laws that require providing notice, disclosure, and/or obtaining consent prior to transferring the Personal Data to Point Designs for processing purposes.
- Third parties
- We may receive information from third party service providers, from related companies, and from our business and solution partners.
- Personal information from different sources
- Log files
- Social media features
- What information we collect about you
- Information you provide Point Designs
- When you interact with us via our website, we may collect Personal Data and other information from you, as further described below.
We collect Personal Data from you when you submit web forms or interact with our websites, for example by subscribing to a Point Designs blog, signing up for a webinar, subscribing to one of our services or requesting customer support. We may ask for your email address, first and last name, job title, and other similar business information. You are free to explore some of our websites without providing any Personal Data about yourself.
We collect Personal Data when you sign-up for the Point Designs customer portal, create or modify user information, or set preferences.
We post customer testimonials and comments on our websites, which may contain Personal Data. We obtain each customer's consent via email or through other agreements between customers and Point Designs prior to posting the customer's name and testimonial.
- Information we collect from other sources
- We may receive information about you or other users of your Point Designs account from our global network of partners. We may receive this data from our deal and lead registration process through our partners.
We may also collect information about you through our distributor or clinical partnerships. For example, you may sign up to a webinar or download a white paper published by Point Designs and a Point Designs distributor.
We may receive information from third party service providers, from related companies, and from our business and solution partners.
- How we use your information
- To communicate with you about the product and services
- We use your information to send you transactional emails about billing, account management, and other administrative matters. We may also send you updates regarding our Customer Terms of Service or other legal agreements.
We use your information to provide customer support, such as resolving technical issues you encounter and analyzing product outages or bugs.
- To provide the customer portal
- We use your account information and Customer Data to provide the product and services to you. For example, we use the email address you provide when signing up for the product to create your user account. We also use this information to authenticate you when you log in and to provide customer support.
- To improve and develop our product and services
- We collect usage data about how you or your users interact with our product and services. We use this data to develop and improve our products and services. For example, we use usage data to assess trends and usage across the product to help us determine what new features or integrations our users may be interested in.
We may publish data about how our product and services are being used across our customer base. When we share statistical information externally in this way, the data will be aggregated and we will not identify individual users or customers. For example, we may publish blog posts on trends or insights into how users are interacting with our product.
- To secure and protect our product and Point Designs users
- We use your account information to investigate and help prevent security incidents. We may also use this information to meet legal requirements. We use your information to verify user accounts, new product sign-ups, and to detect and prevent product abuse.
We use log files to provide general statistics regarding use of the websites by you, including how you use our websites, what country you are logging in from (for analytics, export control and regulatory purposes) and to help improve the navigation experience. Your IP address is also collected and logged for security and debugging purposes, for example to track access patterns, investigate security events and incidents. For these purposes we do link this automatically-collected data to other personal data provided by you such as name, email address, address, and phone number.
- Legal basis for processing personal data (EEA and UK visitors only)
- If you are a website visitor located in the European Economic Area ("EEA") or United Kingdom ("UK"), Point Designs is the data controller of your Personal Data. Point Designs Data Protection Officer can be contacted here.
Our legal basis for collecting and using the Personal Data described above will depend on the Personal Data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it. However, we will normally collect Personal Data from you only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the Personal Data to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect Personal Data from you.
If we ask you to provide Personal Data to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your Personal Data is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your Personal Data). Similarly, if we collect and use your Personal Data in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
- How we share information we collect
- Third party service providers
- We use third party service providers to support our websites, products, and services. For example, we use service providers for data hosting, application development, and marketing. We may need to share your information with service providers to provide information about products or services to you. Examples may include removing repetitive information from prospect lists, analyzing data or performing statistical analysis on your use of the Customer Portal or interactions on our websites, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, supplementing the information you provide us in order to provide you with better service, developing and improving the product and services, and providing customer service or support. These service providers are prohibited from using your Personal Data except for these purposes, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information. In all cases where we share your information in this way, we explicitly require the third party service providers to acknowledge and adhere to our privacy and data protection policies and standards.
- We may share data with trusted Point Designs partners to contact you based on your request to receive such communications, help us perform statistical analysis, or provide sales support, or provide customer support. Partners are prohibited from using your Personal Data except for these purposes, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your data.
- Corporate events
- If we (or our assets) are acquired by another company, whether by merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or otherwise, that company would receive all information gathered by Point Designs on the website and the Customer Portal. In this event, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website, of any change in ownership, uses of your Personal Data, and choices you may have regarding your Personal Data.
- Compelled disclosure
- We reserve the right to use or disclose your Personal Data if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or comply with a law, court order, or legal process. If you use the Customer Portal, Customer Data is considered Confidential Information and you should review the Confidentiality terms in the Customer Terms of Service for more information.
- How we transfer data we collect internationally
- International transfers within the Point Designs distribution system
- To facilitate our global operations, we may transfer information to other Point Designs Affiliates where we have operations for the purposes described in this policy.
- International transfers to third parties
- Privacy Shield Notice
- Point Designs participates in and complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss–U.S. Privacy Shield Framework (collectively, "Privacy Shield Frameworks") regarding the collection, use, and retention of Personal Data of individuals in the European Union, Switzerland and UK. Point Designs is committed to subjecting all Personal Data received from European Union (EU) member countries, Switzerland and the UK in accordance with the Privacy Shield Principles. Please note that we do not rely on the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield as a data transfer mechanism. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Principles, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List at https://www.privacyshield.gov.
- How we store and secure your information
- Data Storage and Security
- We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We secure the Personal Data you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. All Personal Data is protected using appropriate physical, technical and organizational measures.
- Retention of Personal Data
- How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information and how we collect and store it. After a reasonable period of time, we will either delete or anonymize your information or, if this is not possible, then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
We retain Personal Data that you provide to us where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Data, we securely delete the information or anonymize it or, if this is not possible, securely store your Personal Data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. We will delete this information at an earlier date if you so request, as described in the section "How to Access & Control Your Personal Data" below.
If you have elected to receive marketing communications from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences for a reasonable period of time from the date you last expressed interest in our content, products, or services, such as when you last opened an email from us.. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
- Cookies and similar technologies
- When you visit our websites, submit a Point Designs website form, attend a Point Designs virtual event, or request more information about Point Designs, we collect information automatically using tracking technologies, like cookies and tracking pixels. For more information, please refer to our Cookie Policies below.
- Children's privacy
- The website, products and services are not intended for or targeted at children under 16, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect Personal Data about children under 16. If you believe that we have collected Personal Data about a child under 16, please contact us here, so that we may delete the information.
- California privacy rights
- This section applies only to California consumers. For purposes of this section "Personal Information" has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). It describes how we collect, use, and share California consumers' Personal Information in our role as a business, and the rights applicable to such residents. The California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") requires businesses to disclose whether they sell Personal Information. Point Designs is a business, and does not sell Personal Information. We may share Personal Information with third parties if those third parties are authorized service providers or business partners who have agreed to our contractual limitations as to their retention, use, and disclosure of such Personal Information.
- How we use, collect, and share personal information
- We have collected the following statutory categories of Personal Information in the past twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers, such as name, e-mail address, mailing address, and phone number. We collect this information directly from you or from third party sources.
- Commercial information, such as subscription records. We collect this information directly from you.
- Internet or network information, such as browsing and search history. We collect this information directly from your device.
- Geolocation data, such as IP address. We collect this information from your device.
- Financial information, such as Payment Information or financial account numbers in the process of providing you with a product or service. We collect this information from you.
- Other Personal Information, in instances when you interact with us online, by phone or mail in the context of receiving help through our help desks or other support channels; participation in customer surveys or contests; or in providing the Fabrication Service.
- California rights
- You have certain rights regarding the Personal Information we collect or maintain about you. Please note these rights are not absolute, and there may be cases when we decline your request as permitted by law.
The right of access means that you have the right to request that we disclose what Personal Information we have collected, used and disclosed about you in the past 12 months.
The right of deletion means that you have the right to request that we delete Personal Information collected or maintained by us, subject to certain exceptions.
The right to non-discrimination means that you will not receive any discriminatory treatment when you exercise one of your privacy rights.
Point Designs does not sell Personal Information to third parties (pursuant to California Civil Code §§ 1798.100–1798.199, also known as the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018)
- How to exercise California rights
- You can exercise your rights yourself or you can alternatively designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf. Please note that to protect your Personal Information, we will verify your identity by a method appropriate to the type of request you are making. We may also request that your authorized agent have written permission from you to make requests on your behalf, and we may also need to verify your authorized agent's identity to protect your Personal Information.
Please use the contact details below if you would like to:
- Access this policy in an alternative format;
- Exercise your rights;
- Learn more about your rights or our privacy practices; or
- Designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf.
- Data protection officer